Monday, August 25, 2008

July 17, 2008 - The Day I Brought KITT Home

I found this car on Craigslist. A 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, 58,825 original miles on a blown LU5 Crossfire FI 305 that had been sitting since February 1997! The car originally came fully loaded (minus power seats and power mirrors). Black exterior, tan interior. Unfortunately, a previous owner had swapped out 90% of the original tan interior for a gray set, and pulled the PMD seats and replaced them with gray Camaro seats. Luckily, I have an extra set of PMDs and a tan interior. The body is 100% original with only one small rust hole near the passenger area t-top. The original wheels (15 inch turbo casts) were long gone, but I have a set of those as well. My buddy and I drove about two hours from where I live and we towed it home. Even with its faded paint job and mismatched wheels, we still had people eyeing it over when we drove by. Incidentally, the car was purchased on July 17th, 2008 - David Hasselhoff's 56th birthday...call that a good omen.




No comments: